Friday - March 26, 2010

From: Ironton, OH
Title: Identification of vine in Ohio

We were in our school's back yard and we found a vine that has green leaves and has a purple stem and we were just trying to figure out what is was? Can you help us out with that!

Our Native Plant Database shows 62 vines that are native to Ohio.  Please look through the photos of the different vines there to see if you recognize the vine that you saw.  If you don't see your vine in this list, please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to learn how to submit photos for identification.  Please carefully follow the instructions there, especially regarding high resolution photos in good focus.