Mr. Smarty Plants - Looking for a source for Texas persimmon tree (Diospyros texana)

Tuesday - March 23, 2010

From: Liberty Hill, TX
Title: Looking for a source for Texas persimmon tree (Diospyros texana)

QUESTION:

I have looked all over for Texas persimmon trees but am having a difficult time finding any for sale. Do you know of any nurseries near Austin or Georgetown that sells them?

ANSWER:

Please visit our National Suppliers Directory and search for nurseries by location.  With a quick search I found two nurseries—Hill Country Natives in Leander and Natives of Texas in Kerrville—that have Diospyros texana (Texas persimmon) for sale.  You may find more nurseries that have the plant for sale by searching further in the Suppliers Directory. 

Additionally, our Spring Plant Sale will occur Friday, April 9 (members only day); Saturday, April 10; and Sunday, April 11.  The list of plants for the sale hasn't been posted yet, but it is possible that we will have the Texas persimmon tree available to purchase.  Check the Spring Plant Sale page closer to the event to see a list of plants for sale.