Friday - March 26, 2010

From: Martindale, TX
Topic: Invasive Plants, Problem Plants
Title: Identification of invasive plant

I have found an invasive plant species in Martindale, Texas that I would like to identify for family members. It is taking over their pasture and is difficult to eliminate. It has not bloomed yet but appears to have violet white buds with a leaf similar to that of a geranium. It grows in bunches and up to about 3 1/2 feet tall. Please advise. Thank you!

Identifying plants from a description alone is difficult, if not impossible.  Please take photos and send them to us and we will do our best to identify your plant.  To read instructions for submitting photos, please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page.  Please carefully follow the instructions there, especially regarding high resolution photos in good focus.