Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for seeds of non-native poinsettias from British Columbia

Friday - March 19, 2010

From: Natural Bridge Station, BC
Region: Canada
Title: Source for seeds of non-native poinsettias from British Columbia

QUESTION:

Hello, I would like to grow my own Christmas poinsettias from seed. Do you know where I may be able to purchase seeds?

ANSWER:

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the use, care and propagation of plants native not only to North America, not including Mexico, but to the area in which they are being grown. Euphorbia pulcherrima, Poinsettia, is native to Mexico, and is propagated by cuttings. This article from the University of Rhode Island Landscape Horticulture Program should give you some help.