Tuesday - January 05, 2010

From: Staten Island, NY
Title: Purchase of frostweed in Staten Island NY

QUESTION:

My grandson would like to buy a frostweed plant. Can I buy this from you?

ANSWER:

There are 6 species of frostweed native to North America, with Helianthemum canadense (longbranch frostweed) being the only one native to New York, if that is where your grandson lives. We only sell plants at our semi-annual plant sales in April and October, no plants by mail, and even if you were willing to fly down here and get some frostweed from our Spring sale, we do not yet have the lists of the plants that will be sold, and we only sell plants native to our area of Central Texas. Go to our National Suppliers Directory, put the town and state where the plant will be grown in the "Enter Search Location" box, and you will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed companies and landscape and environment consultants in the general area. They all have contact information and perhaps you can find a nursery that will be stocking what you want. 

Helianthemum canadense

Helianthemum canadense

Helianthemum canadense