Thursday - December 17, 2009

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: Plant identification

For a few weeks now the front of our school has had an on and off smell that to some was like a dead animal. To others it smelled like dirty fish fry oil. Maintenance people came out and found the source of the smell. It was a little wild plant growing across the street from the school. Do you have any idea what it could be? The smell is more prominant after a rain. Thanks, Jim Baker

Right off hand, Mr. Smarty Plants doesn't know what your plant might be.  However, if you will take photos of it and send them to us, we will do our very best to identify it.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photos.  Please be sure that your photos are high-resolution and in good focus.