Friday - November 20, 2009

Title: Will wildflowers still be blooming end of March from Austin

Hi Mr Smarty Pants - A wildflower enthusiast from Rome Italy wants to schedule a special visit to Austin end March early April 2010. Can she be sure wildflowers will still be blooming then?

The only thing that you can be sure of about blooming times of Texas wildflowers is that you can't. However, our opinion is that your friend picked about as good a time to visit the Hill Country as possible. You have to remember that unusually hot weather, cold weather, dry weather and wet weather can affect the outcome. However, the Texas wildflower is native and tough, having long since adapted to our weird weather. We found a website from highlandlakes.com Texas Wildflowers in the Hill Country of Central Texas with pictures and estimated times various favorites should be blooming. As we get closer to the wildflower season, there will be several websites that will post locations and other information so you can plan your viewing, including the front page of our own website. Furthermore, there are at least some wildflowers  blooming somewhere in Texas virtually year-round. There's always something to look at.