Wednesday - November 18, 2009

From: Chandler, TX
Topic: Poisonous Plants
Title: Injury while pulling weeds in Chandler TX

I stabbed my self this last weekend when pulling roots from a bed so i'm not sure what it was. At the time it was a sharp pain so I pulled off my glove to look at it,barely scratched the skin so on I went. Later that day and even now it feels like its bruised on the inside and as been red and swollen. How long should I just leave it alone and when should I become concerned?

Sorry, we are not medical people. Without even knowing what plant might have caused the injury, we have no way of knowing if you are having an allergic reaction, if there was a plant with toxic parts involved or even if it was caused by a plant. Obviously, you are already concerned and we would urge you to see a doctor for peace of mind, if nothing else.