Mr. Smarty Plants - Injury while pulling weeds in Chandler TX

Wednesday - November 18, 2009

From: Chandler, TX
Topic: Poisonous Plants
Title: Injury while pulling weeds in Chandler TX

QUESTION:

I stabbed my self this last weekend when pulling roots from a bed so i'm not sure what it was. At the time it was a sharp pain so I pulled off my glove to look at it,barely scratched the skin so on I went. Later that day and even now it feels like its bruised on the inside and as been red and swollen. How long should I just leave it alone and when should I become concerned?

ANSWER:

Sorry, we are not medical people. Without even knowing what plant might have caused the injury, we have no way of knowing if you are having an allergic reaction, if there was a plant with toxic parts involved or even if it was caused by a plant. Obviously, you are already concerned and we would urge you to see a doctor for peace of mind, if nothing else.