Wednesday - November 25, 2009

From: Philadelphia, PA
Title: What to do about mildew on Trumpet Vine?

My Trumpet Vine tends to get mildew on its leaves. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Powdery Mildew is a fungal disease that attacks many plants, and while it is unsightly, it is not always deadly.

This Fact Sheet from Ohio State University Extension describes the problem with this disease along with some good photos. There are fungicides that are commercially available for various fungus diseases of plants, and this article from Golden Harvest Organics has numerous recipes for fungicides that you can make from common household products.