En EspaÑol

Monday - October 05, 2009

From: GREENVILLE, SC
Title: Plant identfication

QUESTION:

While visiting a lake near Dallas, Texas this past summer, I found a flower floating in the lake. It was small, only about an inch or so across, had three petals, was a deep magenta shade, and had three thick stamen. I have been having difficulty identifying it. Do you know what it is? (I do have pictures of it, but I didn't use the Green Guru because I don't know what the rest of the plant looks like.)

ANSWER:

Please send us photos (high resolution and in good focus) and we will do our best to identify your plant.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.