Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of plant at 6500 ft. in Boulder UT

Saturday - September 19, 2009

From: Boulder, UT
Title: Identification of plant at 6500 ft. in Boulder UT

QUESTION:

Located at 6,500 feet in Boulder, Utah..not Colorado in sandy soil with irrigation, we have discovered a deep green leafy (unfurls from the center) plant with six lobes on each side of the leaf stem. It produces a longer stem with a small pinkish rimmed seed head with yellow hairs that contain tiny seeds. Could it be a rue of some kind? I have looked in all my invasive weed books. I appreciate any suggestions!

ANSWER:

Much as Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, we are going to need some more information, and a photograph. Please go to our Mr. Smarty Plants instructions to submit a photo and we will try to figure out what it is.