En EspaÑol

Thursday - September 10, 2009

From: Bellevue, MI
Topic: Edible Plants
Title: Books on edible wild plants for Michigan

QUESTION:

What book do you recommend to find edible wild plants in Michigan? I've found several books on edible plants, but they are all centered on the western states.

ANSWER:

We did not appear to have any titles specifically targeting Michigan or the Midwest in our Bibliography, so we assembled this list of references and websites, from which you should be able to find the information you are looking for. 

Website herbvideos.com

wildfood adventures.com list of publications and articles written by John N. Kallas, PhD, taught at Michigan State University for 7 years.

Trails.com Michigan Edible Wild Plants

Google Books list of books on edible plants of the Midwest and Eastern U.S.