Sunday - September 06, 2009

From: Webster, FL
Title: Plant identification

Could you please identify a plant with a scalloped elephant ear type leaf, wooden base with oval areas where old large wooden roots from above the ground have fallen off.

Our focus and expertise here at the Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America and Mr. Smarty Plants thinks this sounds more like a tropical plant that is probably not native to North America.  However, he'll give it a try if you will send photos.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.