Sunday - September 06, 2009

From: Webster, FL
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Could you please identify a plant with a scalloped elephant ear type leaf, wooden base with oval areas where old large wooden roots from above the ground have fallen off.

ANSWER:

Our focus and expertise here at the Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America and Mr. Smarty Plants thinks this sounds more like a tropical plant that is probably not native to North America.  However, he'll give it a try if you will send photos.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.