Mr. Smarty Plants - Vascular plants and mosses from Toledo OH

Thursday - September 03, 2009

From: Toledo, OH
Topic: Herbs/Forbs
Title: Vascular plants and mosses from Toledo OH

QUESTION:

Why do vascular plants grow taller and thicker than mosses?

ANSWER:

Since the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the use, preservation and propagation of vascular plants native to North America and to the area in which they are being grown, non-vascular plants like mosses are out of our area of expertise. However, we will take a look online and see if we can find some websites that will help you answer that question.

U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station Vascular and non-vascular plant community

Diversity:Plants Non-vascular plants

U.S. Department of Energy: Ask a scientist Vascular vs. non-vascular

Cartage.org Non-vascular plants

Wikipedia Vascular plants

Wikipedia Non-vascular plants