Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification shrub with lavender flowers

Friday - August 28, 2009

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: Plant identification shrub with lavender flowers

QUESTION:

Looking for picture of flowering shrub,looks like a butterfly,two shades of lavender, don't know the name.

ANSWER:

Here is one possibility—Clerodendrum ugandense (syn. = Rotheca myricoides), butterfly clerodendrum, an African native.  Here is another photo.  If this isn't the shrub you have seen, Mr. Smarty Plants is going to need some more information, I'm afraid.  Have you seen this shrub somewhere?  If so, where?  Do you have, or can you take a picture, of the shrub?  If so, please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.