Monday - July 27, 2009

From: Canyon , TX
Title: Plant identfication

My wife and I have our first summer garden at our new home in the Panhandle of Texas. Included within our crop are several alien large, broad stalk, broad leaved plants with an extremely pungent, offensive odor (like flesh), large furry crescent shaped beans that are broad, then end narrow (like a elf booty), and lastly, numerous bell-shaped white flowers. What are these heary plants? Perhaps they are risidual plants from an old crop that existed on the land our neighborhood is zoned?

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but it is very difficult if not impossible to do so from a description alone.  Please send us photos and we will do our very best to identify your mystery plant.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos for identification.