Thursday - July 28, 2005

Topic: Edible Plants
Title: Smarty Plants on wild edible plants

QUESTION:

Do you have classes or information on identifying wild edible plants that could be found in Texas?

ANSWER:

The most recent book available is "Edible and Useful Plants of Texas and the Southwest" by Delena Tull (1999) is available from the University of Texas Press. It can be ordered from UT Press or might be available, or could be ordered, from a local book store. It has photos, drawings, descriptions, recipes and more. Here is one review. You can find a bibliography that includes older books about edible plants in our Native Plant Bibliiography.