Saturday - July 11, 2009

From: Southport, NC
Title: Problems with non-native mandevilla in Southport NC

I have planted a mandevilla and the leaves look healthy. It produces buds, but something is cutting them off. Right next to it is a mandevilla that is blooming profusely. Any ideas?

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the care, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plant is being grown. Mandevilla sanderi is native to Brazil and therefore our of our range of expertise. You might try the UBC Botanical Garden Forums for information.