En EspaÑol

Sunday - July 05, 2009

From: Wildomar, CA
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Red spots on white flower of Anemopsis californica

QUESTION:

Do you know what the red spots are on the white flower of the California native, Anemopsis californica? Is it a fungus, insect, or just physiological?

ANSWER:

Do you have a photo of this Anemopsis californica (yerba mansa) flower with red spots?  I'm afraid we can't give you any idea what the red spots are without photos.  Please visit our Ask Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos; and, please be sure to submit in-focus, high-resolution photos.  When we can see these red spots, we will do our best to identify them.

Anemopsis californica

Anemopsis californica