Thursday - July 02, 2009

From: Lansing, MI
Title: Where to find non-native Thymus praecox coccineus

QUESTION:

Do you know where in Lansing, MI I could buy the Walk On Me plants?

ANSWER:

Our focus and expertise at the Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America.  Walk-on-Me Plant (also called Mother of Thyme), Thymus praecox 'Coccineus' or Thymus serpyllum 'coccineus' is a native of Europe, western Asia and northern Africa.  In our National Suppliers Directory you can search for nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in your area.  Some of the suppliers also carry non-native plants.  Many of the nurseries and seed companies have web sites that show what plants they stock.  If you don't find a supplier of your Walk-on-Me plant through our National Suppliers Directory, I suggest that you "google" either or both the botanical names (above) with 'Michigan' to find plants or seeds for sale.