Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Thursday - June 25, 2009

From: Knightstown, IN
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I found a low-growing plant with thick spoon shaped light green leaves. It was growing in the edged of a lawn, The leaves almost look like they have fine white hairs on them. It is very pretty, but what is it? Thanks Kelly

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but it is very difficult if not impossible to do with a description alone.  Please send photos (include in-focus closeups of the leaves, flowers if available, and a photo of the plant as a whole) and we will do our best to identify it.  Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page for more instructions on submitting photos.