Friday - June 19, 2009

From: Pensacola Beach, FL
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Red and black bugs on hibiscus

QUESTION:

I can't get your Keyword search to work.. I have tiny red and black bugs on my hibiscus. I have tried 2 different garden sprays and neither seems to kill the tiny bugs. They barely move on the plant and they are on the bark and the stems and the buds of the flowers. Any idea what they are and how I can kill them. The bush has nearly dropped all of the leaves.

ANSWER:

Sorry you can't get the Keyword Search to work. The key (ha, ha) is the words you use in the Search, and it will usually only take two words. We tried using the two words "hibiscus bugs" and got no answers. Then, when we tried "hibiscus" we got 27 answers. Scanning down that list, we found one about  bugs bugging an hibiscus in Florida, and are going to provide you with that answer: Previous Question.