Wednesday - June 17, 2009

From: Lake Jackson, TX
Topic: Cacti and Succulents
Title: Life span of the century plant (Agave spp.)

I have a beautiful century plant that is blooming. what will happen once the bloom is done? What is the life span of the plant?

Mr. Smarty Plants has answered this, or a similar, question several times so 'he' would like to refer you to some of those answers where you can learn more about Agave americana (American century plant), or Agave spp., and their life cycles.  Please see the following questions and their answers:  #4082, #3424, #1427, and #648.  You can find even more information by typing in "century plant" in the Keyword Search slot on the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page.