Friday - June 12, 2009

From: Clearwater, FL
Title: Question about dwarf oyster plant, Tradescantia spathacea

I sm looking for Dwarf Oyster plant like the one described about 3-4 inches in height, color green and purple. But the nurseries here in Clearwater FL don't seem to know what I am talking about. Should I give them another name. There are some planted around a tree, and some have died off leaving a large unplanted patch, so I was looking to replant about ten of them but cannot locate them. Thank you.

Please see the answer to the previous question we received about the dwarf oyster plant and the link to its botanical name, Tradescantia spathacea.  You will find several other common names there.  Perhaps you could print out a photo of it from the internet.  Google the scientific name and then click on "Images" and you have many choices for photos.