Tuesday - June 09, 2009

From: Jacksonville, FL
Title: Problem with non-native gerbera daisies

My gerber daiseys leaf but they don't want to bloom. They come back. What am I doing wrong?

The expertise and focus of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America.  Gerber daisies are native to Africa, Madagascar, South America, and tropical Asia and, as such, not really in our purview.   Here is a link to a site called "Growing Gerbera Daisies" that might offer some help or you could consult the UBC Botanical Garden Forums or the iVillage GardenWeb Forums with your problem.