From: Manchaca, TX
Title: Name of the cedar tree at Lake Travis

QUESTION:

What is the name of the cedar tree that is at Lake Travis?

ANSWER:

The most common cedar tree at Lake Travis, by far, would be Juniperus ashei (Ashe's juniper).

Juniperus ashei

Juniperus ashei

Juniperus ashei

Austrian pine in landscape in Denver CO?
May 30, 2009 - I'm relandscaping my yard and want to use all or mostly native plants, as I want to create a wildlife. My landscape designer has indicated she wants me to use Austrian Pine in as a specimen tree in t...

Fast growing native hedges for Sachse, TX
March 30, 2007 - I just bought a house in Sachse, Tx and want to plant a privacy hedge. It will be about 220' long and I want it to grow to at least 10'-12' high. I also want it to be fast growing and be evergree...

Live oaks exhibiting white foam spots from Round Rock, TX
June 08, 2014 - We have several native very large Live Oak in our backyard, and this summer we have noticed white foam spots on the branches. We live in Round Rock next to the Williamson County Park. The spots look...

Will desert willow (Chlopsis linearis) grow in N. E. Mississippi
July 21, 2008 - I am located in N.E. Mississippi. A friend of mine sent me a few desert willow seeds. I have about 5 plants growing now that are about 6 inches tall. I was wanting to know first of all, is it possi...

Cherry trees in the North Texas area
April 21, 2009 - Will cherry trees grow well in the North Texas area?