Mr. Smarty Plants - Looking for a supplier of Limoncillo.

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: Looking for a supplier of Limoncillo.

QUESTION:

Hello, I'm looking for a plant called limoncillo. Do you know of a seller where this can be purchased. Thanks.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants went to our Native Plant Database and found two plants that answer to the name Limoncillo; Hedeoma drummondii (Drummond's false pennyroyal), and Pectis angustifolia (lemonscent) . I went to Google and found a third plant, Calyptranthes krugii, that is also called Limoncillo as well as a fourth plant, Esenbeckia runyonii. Since Calyptranthes only grows in Puerto Rico, and Esenbeckia is a rare tree found in Cameron County Texas, these may not be the plants you want.

If you have a Limoncillo plant, send us images that will help us identify the plant you have. ( go to the Plant Identification page and follow  the directions. Or you can go to the NPIN pages for Hedeoma and Pectis and look at the images to try to learn which Limoncillo you are looking for. 

I searched or Suppliers Directory for Texas, but didn't come up with a supplier for either plant. I did find a supplier in Santa Fe, NM for Pectis angustifolia, but have not found a supplier for Hedeoma.

For a source of information closer to home, you might contact the San Antonio Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas .