From: San Antonio, TX
Title: What are the best deep shade plants for San Antonio?

What are the best deep shade plants for San Antonio?

Since you didn't mention what kind of plants you have in mind, we'll take you to our website and let you make some choices. If you go to our Recommended Species page and select Central Texas on the map, you will get a list of 155 commercially available native plant species suitable for planned landscapes in Texas. Go to "Narrow Your Search" in the right hand panel where you can become more selective.

You see that you have several parameters along with "deep shade" from which to choose. Initially, lets choose TX for the state, Herb under "Habit", Perennial under "Duration", Shade (2 hours or less of sun per day) under"Light requirement", the appropriate moisture for your site under "Soil moisture" (I chose moist), and the appropriate bloom characteristics (you can leave that blank for now).  Click the "Narrow your search" button and you will get a list of 3 plants that meet these criteria. Clicking on each plant name will bring up its NPIN page that describes the plant's characteristics.

You can modify your listing by changing the choices in each box for the types of plants that you have in mind.

Once you have found some plant names, go to our Suppliers Directory to locate businesses in Central Texas that have these plants for sale.