Mr. Smarty Plants - What plants are the most deer resistant in Connecticut?

From: Wilton, CT
Topic: Deer Resistant
Title: What plants are the most deer resistant in Connecticut?

QUESTION:

Please advise me as to what plants are the most deer resistant and native to Wilton, CT. Most importantly, what evergreen shrubs and perennials will best survive?

ANSWER:

If the deer in Connecticut are like the deer in Texas, when they are hungry enough, they'll eat anything. With that caveat in mind, I've found several lists of "deer resistant" plants for Connecticut as well as information about deer defenses. With the prevalence of Lyme Disease, having a deer eat your garden is not the worse that can happen.

Cornell University ; a source of fact-sheets about controlling deer.

University of Connecticut;  Database Search for Deer-resistant Woody Plants

Rutgers University; plants rated for deer resistance by the New Jersey Agriculture Experiment Station .

Twombly Nursery;   a source of deer resistant plants.

And finally, a strategy recommended by the Native Plant Society of Texas; camouflage gardening.