Mr. Smarty Plants - Penta and licorice plants for Austin

Monday - May 04, 2009

Topic: Non-Natives, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Penta and licorice plants for Austin

QUESTION:

For Austin location Are you familiar with a small flowering plant called Penta? How about Licorice? If yes, could you provide growing conditions. Thanks

ANSWER:

At the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, we are dedicated to the use, care and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which they are being grown. Both of the plants you asked about are native to Africa, and therefore out of our range of expertise. However, we found a couple of websites for each that might be able to answer your questions.

Cohlmia's website, Penta lanceolata  and Floridata  Penta lanceolata

Plantzafrica Helichrysum petiolare (licorice plant) and howstuffworks.com Licorice Plant