Mr. Smarty Plants - Treatment of leaf curl on non-native peach in Camano Island, WA

Sunday - April 26, 2009

From: Camano Island, WA
Region: Northwest
Title: Treatment of leaf curl on non-native peach in Camano Island, WA

QUESTION:

How to treat peach leaf curl?

ANSWER:

There are several species of the genus Prunus that are native to North America but Prunus persica is not one of them, but rather it is a native of China. Because our expertise at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is all in plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plant is being grown, we are not knowledgeable about this plant or its diseases. However, we found a West Virginia University, Division of Plant and Soil Science website, Peach Leaf Curl, that may be able to help you.