En EspaÑol

Tuesday - April 14, 2009

From: Fort Worth, TX
Title: Bluebonnets for wedding centerpieces in Ft. Worth

QUESTION:

I am looking to purchase 25 live bluebonnet plants for my wedding centerpieces. I need them by May 15, 2009. Do you sell them?

ANSWER:

The only times the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center sells plants are at our semi-annual Plant Sales. The Spring Sale was this last weekend, and we had no bluebonnet plants for sale. May is actually pretty late in the season for blooming bluebonnets, although there may still be a few in the wild. We suggest you contact a commercial florist who may be able to order some greenhouse raised plants for your purposes. Bluebonnets are a winter annual, and they do not really lend themselves to potted plants; by now, the ones in the wild are already setting seed.