Tuesday - June 07, 2005

From: Castlegar, BC
Region: Canada
Title: Care for non-native Easter Lily (Lilium longiflorum)

QUESTION:

How do you care for an Easter Lily once the flowers have fallen off?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center's interests and expertise are in the area of plants native to North America and, lovely as it is, the Easter Lily (Lilium longiflorum) is not native to North America. It is a native of the Ryykyu Islands of southern Japan. I can, however, guide you to an excellent source on Easter Lilies and their history, holiday tradition and care. The Easter Lily Research Foundation has more information and care suggestions.