Monday - April 13, 2009

From: Lakeway, TX
Title: Problems with non-native King Sago Palm

QUESTION:

My king sago palm has not branched out in over a year. I think it needs to be fertilized. What can I do?

ANSWER:

Cycas revoluta, King Sago palm, is a native of China and Japan. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the care and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which they are being grown, so your plant is out of our area of expertise. We did, however, find a website from Rhapis Gardens, King Sago Palm Tree, that answered a great many questions about this plant.