Wednesday - April 01, 2009

From: Santa Rosa, CA
Title: Plant Identification

I have small shiny red berries growing on a tropical appearing shrub with green and marled yellow leaves. The leaves have widely serrated edges. The berries have a large seed inside and very little flesh.

Mr. Smarty Plants loves doing plant identifications; however, doing them from a description alone is difficult, if  not impossible, no matter how thorough the description.  Please send us photos and we will do our very best to identify your plant.  Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos for identification.