Mr. Smarty Plants - Sources for native plants astragalus and acerola

Thursday - May 12, 2005

Title: Sources for native plants astragalus and acerola

QUESTION:

Where can I get a plant of astragalus as well as acerola?

ANSWER:

You can find lists of Seed Companies and Nurseries that specialize in native plants in locations all over the United States and Canada in the National Suppliers Directory. I did a quick search for Acerola, Barbados cherry or Manzanita (Malpighia glabra) in the list of nurseries for Texas and located plants for sale at Rancho Lomitas Native Plant Nursery in Rio Grande City. You can check other nurseries in your area of Texas to see if Acerola is available.

In my quick search in the Texas nurseries, none of those with web site addresses listed any Astragalus plants for sale. However, there are many nurseries in the Texas list which have no web address, but do have telephone numbers listed that you could call.