Thursday - March 12, 2009

From: Harmony, NC
Title: Looking for seeds for Styrax americanus.

QUESTION:

I am looking for a source I can purchase Styrax americanus seed, preferably wholesale but if not a retail source. Can you suggest a place. thank you

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants was able to find two sources of Styrax americanus (American snowbell)  seeds. There are at least two ways to do this for this plant. Clicking on the link above will take you to the NPIN page for the plant.  Scrolling down the page will bring you to the FROM THE NATIONALSUPPLIERS DIRECTORY box where you will find LAMTREE FARM in Warrensville, NC. Another way to access the National Suppliers Directory is to select "Suppliers" in the Explore Plants menui. Type in the state in the appropriate space and you will have a list of businesses that sell native plants or seeds and provide professional landscape services.

Searching for "Stryax americanus seeds" on Google led me to Digital Raingardens.

Digital Raingardens in Corpus Christi, TX

LamTree Farm in Warrensville, NC

Styrax americanus