Sunday - March 15, 2009

From: Rockville, MD
Title: Maryland native plant source

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Great answer to the man from Severen, MD with list of Maryland natives. Did you know that some of these natives are propogated from seed collected in the wild by Chesapeake Natives, Inc.? We are a 501c3 non-profit established in 2005 to provide Maryland natives for home gardens and others, including the Maryland Highway Dept., NASA, and more. We are an all volunteer work force and could use new volunteers if your correspondent is available. See our website, www.ChesapeakeNatives.org for a list of some of the available plants or contact us directly at the address on the site. We are busy planting seeds for spring gardens now. Thanks, Sarah, a volunteer.

Mr. Smarty Plants thanks you for your comments and is very happy to say that your organization, Chesapeake Natives, Inc., is listed in our National Suppliers Directory.  We wish you the best of luck growing and selling your native plants and finding new volunteers.