Monday - February 09, 2009

From: Bryan, TX
Topic: General Botany
Title: Plants named for Thomas Drummond

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Please send list of plants discovered and named for Thomas Drummond.

So far as we know, no such list has been compiled, or if it has, it is not on the Internet. You might try Googling for "drummondii" which would indicate a plant had been named in his honor. Plant hunters did not ordinarily name plants they found after themselves but after some other botanist or plant enthusiast. He found and named many, many plants during his stay in the United States, but again, if a list has been made, we cannot find it.