Saturday - January 03, 2009

From: Lakeway, TX
Title: Seeds or seedlings of Texas madrone (Arbutus xalapensis)

Where can I obtain seeds or seedlings of the "Texas Madrone" tree? Thank You.

You can search by location for nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in our National Suppliers Directory.  In a quick search in the National Suppliers Directory I found that Hill Country Natives in Leander lists Arbutus xalapensis (Texas madrone) in their catalog.  I also happen to know that Natives of Texas in Kerville specializes in Texas madrones.  At the moment, however, if you try to access their webpage, you get a warning from Google about malicious software that may infect your computer from the webpage—you may want to telephone the nursery instead to learn about availability.  There are other nurseries in the Directory that you can query for the tree, also.  I believe that both of these nurseries carry plants.  Seeds may be more difficult to find.

Arbutus xalapensis

Arbutus xalapensis

Arbutus xalapensis

Arbutus xalapensis