En EspaÑol

Wednesday - December 31, 2008

From: Seagrove, NC
Topic: User Comments
Title: Correction to question involving acid vs. alkaline soil

QUESTION:

In a question about blueberries you said most blueberry web sites are in states with deciduous trees including pines. Not sure about your part of the world but here in NC the pine trees keep the needles all year..Pines are coniferous trees. Just thought I'd help you clear that up.

ANSWER:

You are precisely right, thank you for calling it to our attention. Actually, we knew that pines are evergreen, it was just bad wording. We have now put in the words "....deciduous trees and evergreen pines" to make it a little more clear. This was a previous question from someone in an area with alkaline soil, and we were just trying to explain why their blueberries weren't going to prosper in that alkaline soil without some major soil amendments.