Monday - December 08, 2008

Title: What trees in Austin right now have yellow leaves that are falling?

QUESTION:

Right now there are trees in Austin that have bright yellow leaves. Do you know what trees native to Austin turn a very bright yellow in November? It looks like now the leaves are starting to fall off. Thanks

ANSWER:

There are several kinds of trees in Austin with bright yellow leaves right now, so if you have photos that you could send to Mr. Smarty plants, we can provide a more satisfying answer to your question. Please follow the instructions on the Plant Identification page.

Pecan
Carya illinoinensis

Pecan
Carya illinoinensis

Western soapberry
Sapindus saponaria var. drummondii