Mr. Smarty Plants - More on bluebonnets

Monday - March 28, 2005

From: Midlothian, TX
Title: More on bluebonnets

QUESTION:

I am flying a photographer in on April 7, 2005, for a special art project on Bluebonnets. We have 3 days set aside for the shot. Where are THE best places to capture Bluebonnets in the wild?

ANSWER:

Seasonally, we do devote a portion of our website to wildflower sightings in the area, a service to the general public providing information about this beautiful phenomenon occurring in this region every Spring. You can view this information by browsing the Wildflower Center website and choosing the link from the "What's New" section. Another useful service that provides sightings of bluebonnets and other wildflowers in our region is a group called Lonestar Internet, Inc. When wildflowers begin to bloom around mid-March you can pick "Travel Services" and then "Road Conditions" on the Texas Department of Transportation web page to learn of the best wildflower sightings. You can find more routes and information at the Texas Hill Country Wildflower Trail web site. DeWitt County offers its own wildflower site as does Brenham, Texas in Washington County.