Saturday - November 29, 2008

From: Trinity, TX
Title: Looking for native plant nurseries

I am in 75862 zip code which is a long way from everywhere. I am trying to find native plant nurseries within 100 miles. Many sites just talk about native plants, and have photos, but very little info on where to actually get them. This is driving me crazy. HELP

You can search for nurseries that specialize in native plants in our National Suppliers Directory by your zip code.  It would appear that the nearest ones on the list are in Houston.  Besides the suppliers listed in our directory, the Houston Chapter of the Native Plant Society has an extensive list of Sources of Native Plants in the Houston Area.  There is also the possibility of ordering seeds, and possibly plants, by mail or other delivery means.  For instance, Native American Seed in Junction, Texas has numerous wild flower seeds, native grass seeds and mixed seeds for sale.