Monday - March 28, 2005

Title: Propagation of Indian Paintbrush

I have tried for years to propagate Indian Paintbrush and have had no luck-started inside or outside in the fall down't seem to matter. What can I do to get them to grow?

Your problem may be that you are trying to grow them in isolation. You should consider sowing the seeds, or planting your seedlings, along with bluebonnets or grasses since the Indian paintbrush seems to be semi-parasitic on these plants for its nitrogen. Please the Native Plant Information Network for Castilleja indivisa, the Indian paintbrush.

Texas indian paintbrush
Castilleja indivisa