Monday - November 17, 2008

From: Leander, TX
Topic: General Botany
Title: Can users sort plant lists in the Plant Database?
Answered by: Philip Hawkins

Although your database searches are very useful, I would like to take it further, for example by sorting the "Central Texas Recommended" list on various columns, as you might do in a spreadsheet. Does that capability exist?

Mr. Smarty Plants is always excited to hear from folks who use the Wildflower Center's Native Plant Database.Your recommendation for sort-able columns inside of plant lists is a great idea and it is easy to see how such functionality could come in handy.  Unfortunately because of the size of the database as well as how the information is organized, that ability does not exist.  However, the Wildflower Center is constantly improving our website and we hope to provide even better user experience in the future, which will hopefully include sort-able columns.