Wednesday - March 23, 2005

From: Spring, TX
Title: Identification of colicroot and yellow colic-root

There is a green flowering bush with yellow blooms off Taylor road in Dale, Texas (Caldwell County). What type of wildflower or weed is this? Could it possibly be Yellow Colic Root?

You can check the pictures and descriptions of colicroot (Aletris aurea) and yellow colic-root (Aletris lutea) in the Native Plants Database on our web site to see if either look like your mystery plant. Be sure to choose "Search Images" in the menu bar for each page to see additional pictures. If neither of these looks like your plant, you can send us a digital photo and we will try to identify it. Please read the Plant Identification instructions on the "Ask the Expert" page.