Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of wild shrub in Michigan

Wednesday - October 22, 2008

From: Posen, MI
Title: Identification of wild shrub in Michigan

QUESTION:

I have what appears to be a wild shrub that I want to identify. It has green foliage and is bush-like. It is about 10' tall. This fall I noticed light red berries and thorns..after cutting it down. Do you have any idea what it may be?

ANSWER:

Much as Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, we're afraid we don't have quite enough information to go on in your case. If you have a picture, or could take one now (even though you have cut down the shrub), please go to the Plant Identification page for Mr. Smarty Plants, and follow the instructions for sending us a picture.