Wednesday - October 22, 2008

From: Posen, MI
Title: Identification of wild shrub in Michigan

I have what appears to be a wild shrub that I want to identify. It has green foliage and is bush-like. It is about 10' tall. This fall I noticed light red berries and thorns..after cutting it down. Do you have any idea what it may be?

Much as Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, we're afraid we don't have quite enough information to go on in your case. If you have a picture, or could take one now (even though you have cut down the shrub), please go to the Plant Identification page for Mr. Smarty Plants, and follow the instructions for sending us a picture.