Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Monday - September 29, 2008

From: St. Francisville, IL
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

My parents have a plant growing that we can not identify. Fast growing to 6 ft in 6 weeks. theleaves look like a fern with little sweet pea looking yellow blooms. The plants leaves fold up at dusk tight to the stem. Sparsely placed ranches. Could you please give us some idea what kind of plant this is. Everyone who looks at this tree wanders where the dinosaurs are at! Thank-you, Lynn

ANSWER:

This sounds like an intriguing plant and Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but I'm afraid he's going to need photographs to do this one.  Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photographs.